Crew Leader/Climber for Ornamental Pruning Program
Truetimber is currently searching for a Crew Leader who loves working with ornamental trees and shrubs and will maintain good long term relationships with our valuable clients.
The ideal candidate will:
- be capable of training and managing ornamental pruning crew.
- be able to work independently and be self-directed.
- have above average computer skills.
- be able to communicate effectively with clients and management to maintain excellent customer relations.
- be experience with all applicable ANSI standards in arboriculture.
- be willing and able to become an ISA certified arborist within 4 months of employment.
- be willing and able to become a VNLA certified horticulturalist within the first 12 months of employment.
- have excellent identification skills of both trees and woody ornamentals for the basis of proper pruning.
- have an expert knowledge of proper boxwood and crapemyrtle pruning.
- must have a valid VA driver’s license and be willing to obtain Class “B” CDL license.
- have at least 2 years of experience in the tree care industry pruning trees of all sizes.
- have a proven track record to set and achieve goals and the ability to be a team player.
- be willing to demonstrate basic climbing skills during interview process.
Job Duties/Activities include but are not limited to:
- occasionally working atop a 12′-14′ orchard ladder.
- will be required to prune hedges with gas-powered hedge shears.
- be willing and able to climb small trees (below 50 feet) for pruning or occasionally removal purposes.
- in storm situations, Ornamental Pruning employees may be needed for emergency storm damage tree work, and snow removal in the winters.
- may, on occasion, contact poison ivy.
- will have to effectively back a large truck and chipper or trailer into tight spaces/driveways.
- will have to use a chainsaw for ground work and on occasion, aerial work.