2016 Maymont Day of Service
Truetimber looks for ways to give something back to the community that supports us.
Recent Efforts in the Community:
Scott’s Addition Tree Planting 2017
- January 28- Peter and Isaac helped plant 6 trees in Scott’s Addition as part of the Richmond Tree Stewards Community Roots tree giveaway
- February 8- Donated a tree swing installation for the 2017 Children’s Hope Gala benefitting Noah’s Children and Richmond Hope Therapy Center taking place March 18
- Februray 9- Truetimber volunteered at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden as part of the CVNLA Volunteer Day
- February 2017 – Donated a tree swing installation to Rotary Club of Mechanicsville Casino Night benefitting Hanover Safe Place
- February 23- Scott lead 2 Collegiate School classes on a tree walk
- February 28- Donated a tree swing installation for an auction to benefit Camp Alkulana
- March 2- Scott lead 2 Collegiate School classes on a tree walk
- March 14- Donated 20 copies of Scott’s book “Just Grow” for the Southampton Elementary School reading night
- March 16- Donated a tree swing installation for the Positive Vibe Foundation’s 5th annual Coaches Cook-off event taking place on April 27
- March 18- Sponsored the Forest Hill Neighborhood Association’s 9th annual “Run for the Hills 5k” in Forest Hill Park
- March 25- 5th Annual Dave Tate Day of Service at Oak Grove – Bellemeade Elementary School
- March 30- Arborist Mike Mather participated in Southampton Elementary School’s Career Day
- May 19- Donated and installed a willow oak tree at St Mary’s Catholic School.
- June 2- Truetimber volunteer project with employees Jim Licklider, Bryn Beck, Jesse Duling and Logan Hendricks working on an old beautiful elm tree overlooking the city at Libby Hill Park in Church Hill. Marion McDonald with Friends of Libby Hill Park requested our services to help with this project and we couldn’t pass up an opportunity to climb such a wonderful tree and to see some great views!
Scott and kids from St Mary’s Catholic School
Team Truetimber- Run for the Hills 5k
Dave Tate Day of Service 2017
Libby Hill Park Elm Project
2016 Efforts in the Community:
- Jan 2016 Complementary tree removal for Derbyshire Baptist Church
- Jan 2016 Tree planting projects at Oakgrove/Bellemeade School and in Scott’s Addition
- Feb 2016 Tree swing donation to Collegiate School’s annual Winter Party fundraiser
- Feb 2016 Arborist Peter Girardi leads a tree ID at Dogwood Dell to assist Cub Scout Pack 799 in obtaining their “Into the Woods” Merit Badges
- Mar 2016 Sponsorship of a weekend-long kid’s tree climb event at the Richmond Home and Garden Show
- Mar 2016 Arborist Peter Girardi interviewed about proper crepe myrtle pruning on WCVE’s Virginia Currents radio program
- Mar 2016 “Just Grow” book reading by Scott Turner at the St Mary’s Catholic School book fair
- Mar 2016 Dave Tate Day of Service in Libby Hill Park
- Mar 2016 Sponsorship of the Forest Hill Park Association’s annual “Run for the Hills” 5K
- Apr 2016 Sponsorship of the Richmond Tree Stewards Arbor Day Event
- Apr 2016 “Just Grow” book reading by Scott Turner at Derbyshire Baptist Church
- Apr 2016 Sponsorship of the Pedal Through the Petals Event to support cancer research in RVA
- Apr 2016 Co-sponsorship with Riverside Outfitters of a kid’s tree climb event at Sunday in the Park Festival at Forest Hill Park
- May 2016 Scott Turner led a group of Collegiate School kindergartners on a nature hike in the JRPS
- Jun 2016 Sponsorship of the Bumblebee Jamboree event at Maymont
- Jul 2016 “Just Grow” book reading by Scott Turner at Clover Land Preschool and Daycare
- Nov 2016 Series of 3 nature hikes with Scott Turner and Collegiate School kindergartners in the JRPS
- Dec 2016 Donation of tree work for Anna Julia Cooper Episcopal School
Where Truetimber Helped in 2015:
- A half day of tree work for the Ronald McDonald House.
- Tree and stump removal at Westover Hills United Methodist Church.
- A half day of tree work at The Virginia Home for the physically disabled.
- Maintenance pruning for the Little Sisters of the Poor.
- Pruning and beautification at entrance to St Mary’s Episcopal School as well as creation of a new educational garden in the school courtyard.
- We continue to support our adopted school, Oakgrove/Bellemeade Elementary with various projects throughout the year. In December, we helped plant several trees in cooperation with the Richmond Tree Stewards.
If you know of a worthy recipient of our complimentary efforts feel free to give us a call and tell us about it.
Truetimber has been Voted #1 Treecare Provider in Richmond 4 Times